GrainChain Inc. is a high growth data, agtech and fintech company with operations in the U.S., Mexico, Central America and Brazil.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is accountable for multiple financial and administrative areas within GrainChain, Inc. This includes the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to protect Company assets and report accurate financial results.
The CFO will be responsible for producing periodic financial reports, maintaining an adequate system of accounting records, and managing a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk. The CFO is also responsible for enhancing the accuracy of the Company's reported financial results and ensuring that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. The CFO is responsible for cash management for the Company.
The CFO will also be heavily involved in supporting GrainChain’s international bank factoring operations and will help oversee underwriters.
Minimum Required Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. A Master's degree in Accounting is preferred, or equivalent business experience.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience for a small to mid-sized company.
- Must have thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Must have experience in partnering with an executive team and have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Financial modeling experience is a plus.
- Bank factoring or account receivable funding knowledge is highly preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates with an MBA in Finance, Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
Language: Bilingual English and Spanish highly preferred
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assist in formulating the Company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives.
- Develop financial and tax strategies.
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans.
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes.
- Develop performance measures and monitoring systems that support the Company's strategic direction.
- Communicate emerging trends related to areas of responsibility.
- Report business plan progress regularly to management and owners.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
- Maintain strong collaborative relationships with the project management team.
- Manage accounting, human resources, employee benefits and payroll staff.
- Oversee the financial operations of related companies.
- Oversee the Company's transaction processing systems.
- Review payable runs for accuracy
- Review payroll processing.
- Review repairs and maintenance information for compliance with capitalization policy.
- Implement operational best practices, including opportunities to improve processes for efficiencies and automation.
- Oversee employee benefit plans.
- Supervise due diligence related to any organizational changes.
- Oversee insurable risk management including policy thresholds.
Assist Factoring Operations:
- Assist in formulating the Company's future factoring activity direction and supporting tactical initiatives.
- Help design, support and execute the Company’s credit policies and procedures.
- Underwrite the Company’s factoring products, regardless of size or complexity, in a timely and efficient manner.
- Help analyze historical financial statements, cash flow statements, and borrowing base projections.
- Help perform collateral analysis and industry analysis.
- Help coordinate and analyze audits, appraisals and background investigation reports.
- Work closely with the various Business Development Officers in order to provide a “consultative/value-added” credit perspective, both prior to proposal issuance and at all times thereafter.
- Help review and analyze new deal packages for content and completeness and conduct initial “interview” with prospect as needed.
- Help order and review due diligence and documentation with the Legal team.
- Help review and analyze financial statement spreads and understand flows of cash.
- Help review field examinations and appraisals and understand the collateral and financial trends indicated therein.
- Help gain a thorough understanding of a prospect’s business and assets.
- Review reporting requirements and processing with clients.
- Assist in analyzing debtor information.
- Help review any supporting documents and analyze all collateral presented, such as accounts receivables, inventory, M&E, and PP (when applicable).
- Help prepare the Credit Approval Memo for appropriate approval.
- Help oversee closing documentation.
- Oversee the issuance of financial information.
- Personally review and approve all communications with banking institutions, surety and accountants.
- Analyze and report financial results.
- Deliver ad hoc reports to management as needed.
- Ensure accurate reporting to state and federal agencies as required.
- Implement, monitor and modify the Company's internal controls.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the Company's risk profile.
- Co-monitor all open legal issues involving the Company, and legal issues affecting the industry with other executive team members.
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems.
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage.
- Ensure that the Company complies with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts.
- Arrange for financing: debt, lease, or equity financing.
- Participate in conference calls with key relationships.
- Maintain banking relationships.
- Represent the Company with surety.
- Integrity and honesty.
- Analytical by nature with attention to detail and accuracy.
- The ability to lead others: building relationships that empower people both internally and externally.
- Able to respond quickly to changing environments with problem solving and decision making.
- Initiative and results driven while incorporating continuous process improvement.
- Regular office hours are typically Monday through Friday 9am-5pm CST.
- Additional time as the position requires.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Location: Headquarters, located in McAllen, Texas
Work Model: preferably local; potentially remote